Monday, February 10, 2014

10 Febrero 2014

This week was a lot better than the last. We met more goals. We sort of have investigators. No one is progressing. Lots of old ladies let us in that just want to talk to someone. 

I found the apostrophe key!!!!!

This week I had my first cup of Ecco. We had "la once" (which is dinner but small. Because here lunch is big and dinner is small) with some members and I tried Ecco. It's basically coffee but made from wheat and doesn't have caffeine so it's like Mormon Coffee. I did NOT like it. AT ALL. But I did enjoy eating the bread (which they make with lard) with avacado on it!

Other foods of the week: chicken, noodles, rice, noodles, rice, chicken, pork, beef, rice, mashed potatoes. I still have a hard time eating the chicken with bones. And the pork was gross. AND (drumroll please because this was actually good) Pastel de Zapallo Italiano. OH WOW!!!! Fantastic!!! I want to learn how to make it. It was that delicious. Hna. Aguero said it was the best she's had her whole mission which is a bad sign for me. I'm going to be disappointed later.

Story time!!!!
1. Todos somos pecadores. We are all sinners. - Quote from a contact.
2. A "snake" told me that I could be a model. 
3. I overheard someone talking "look! A gringa" I'm a novelty. Then the other day a drunk guy was yelling at me "hey gringa hey gringa"

Opening a sector is hard. We have zero progressing investigators, but we contact more than anyone else. 195 contacts the week before last and 171 this last week. But I have my 2 favorite scriptures to help. John 16:33and Proverbs 3:5-6 They absolutely help me every day.

Until next week,
Hna. Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment